Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Christmas Wish!

We just want to take a moment to wish each of you a wonder filled celebration of the gift of Jesus Christ.  We know that this time of year can be hectic, fragmented and distracting.  Hopefully you will have some time to sit and reflect on the "reason for the season".  Daily I've been reminded through my reading, interactions with people, family or situations, that I so desperately need a savior.  I need someone who can restore my relationship with my creator.  It is in the African context that I am also reminded that I don't need tacky decorations, excessive amounts of  food, token gifts, to bring peace in my life.    Don't get me wrong, I love a good Christmas meal, the time together decorating and cooking and of course a gift is always fun.  However, what I need is a savior.  After all it's not even "what" but "who" I need.  If I want peace with all of my family, friends, neighbors and community, I'm so aware that I need the gift of Christmas.  Perhaps you're like me and the idea of peace on earth (or at least in Africa) seems a pie in the sky dream.  However, if more would truly receive the gift of Christmas and live as Jesus did,... myself included, there would surely be greater peace on this earth.  I hope each of us will take the opportunity to realize the value of Christmas a little more this year and to make opportunities to give the gift of Christmas away throughout the year.  Peace!!



No comments:

Post a Comment